The Arizona Department of Fire, Building and Life Safety (DFBLS) sunsets on June 30, 2016. The Office of Manufactured Housing (OMH), a division within DFBLS, will become a division of the Arizona Department of Housing (ADOH) on July 1, 2016.
On June 24, 2016, OMH will be joining ADOH at 1110 West Washington, Suite 280, Phoenix, Arizona 85007.
Effective July 1, 2016, all checks are to be made payable to Arizona Department of Housing (instead of to the Department of Fire, Building and Life Safety) and sent to:
Arizona Department of Housing
P.O. Box 6280
Phoenix, AZ 85005-6280
Please be sure to check the website, azhousing.gov for updated forms and licensing packets.
An important change has been made with regards to the fingerprinting instructions. Applicants must now take unexpired photo identification, the Fingerprint Verification Form, and a 9x12 brown mailing envelope to the person or official taking their fingerprints. The fingerprint technician must complete the Fingerprint Verification Form and place it and the completed fingerprint card in the envelope before returning the envelope to the applicant.
New Escrow Law effective on July 1, 2012. Click here.
Online Licensing & Renewal Services are now available.
Fee Schedule as of July 2015
Check on a License Online
The Licensing Section within the Department of Fire, Building and Life Safety is responsible for:
• The licensing of manufacturers of manufactured homes, factory-built buildings and FBB subassemblies;
• The licensing of dealers of manufactured homes, mobile homes, factory-built buildings and FBB subassemblies;
• The licensing of installers of manufactured homes, mobile homes or residential single-family factory-built buildings;
• The licensing of installers of accessory structures attached to manufactured homes, mobile homes, or residential single-family factory-built buildings;
• The licensing of salespersons of manufactured homes, mobile homes, factory-built buildings and FBB subassemblies dealers;
• The maintenance and management of all licensing records;
• Administering examinations to the Qualifying Party for a dealer and/or for an installer license.
Business Licenses are the scope of licenses involved in the Production, Installation and Sale of Manufactured Homes, Mobile Homes, and Factory-Built Buildings.
• Dealers can, depending on the license classification, purchase and sell manufactured homes, mobile homes, and factory-built buildings.
• Installers can, depending on the license classification, install manufactured homes, mobile homes, residential single-family factory-built buildings, and accessory structures attached to manufactured homes, mobile homes, or residential single-family factory-built buildings.
• Installers are hired by a properly licensed dealer to provide the installation of the unit and/or accessory structures that are included in a sales contract for a new or used mobile home, manufactured home, or residential single-family factory-built building.
• Installers may be hired by a consumer to install the unit and/or the accessory structures that are attached to the unit as part of an agreement to move a used mobile home or a new or used manufactured home or a new or used residential single-family factory-built building.
• Manufacturers can, depending on the license classification, manufacture manufactured homes, manufacture factory-built buildings, or manufacture both manufactured homes and factory-built buildings.
A How To Guide has been provided for common Business license requests.
Dealer information, including Trust/Escrow Account requirements, the “New Dealer Handbook,” and Audit information can be found under Dealer License.
Each licensed business is required to have a Qualifying Party who may be an owner, employee, corporate officer, member or partner of the business. This person will ensure full compliance with Title 41, Chapter 16, articles 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 of the Arizona Revised Statutes, and the Rules and Regulations of the Office of Administration. The Qualifying Party is a position held on a business license.
Salesperson is any person who, for a salary, commission or compensation of any kind, is employed by or acts on behalf of any dealer or broker of manufactured homes, mobile homes or factory-built buildings to sell, exchange, buy, offer or attempt to negotiate or act as an agent for the sale or exchange of an interest in a manufactured home, mobile home or factory-built building.
Adobe Acrobat is required to view most uploaded files-Click here: to obtain the latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader for free.